Sunday, June 1, 2008

Training Day 1

So y'all know I haven't been running since the Turkey Trot race in November due to my injury.

Anyhow, today I was supposed to take 7am yoga, but shock horror, I overslept. 8:30 am a text message from my roommate wakes me up. "Would you like to go running?"

dum dum dum...

Ok, I NEVER say no to someone wanting to sweat with me so I find my dusty running gear and hear this!

I can still run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, minus the misery I feel while doing it (this used to be bliss for me...), I can do it! We ran 2.5 miles - running the whole way! Well- he is 6 ft 3 & uber athletic, I am 5 ft 2 & pseudo athletic so I'm sure it was more like a walk for him!! I came back drenched in liquid, but still going strong! Wow.

Pace needs to improve majorly, but I'm more concerned with endurance. I need to build back the kind of endurance that can run for 6 miles and still feel like running for 6 more miles after. I'm also good at running with other people so I'm going to start enlisting everyone I know to come running with me any chance I get, even at work.

No pain in ankle at all. For that I am grateful. I think the yoga & taking it easy has helped, as well as the goodness that comes from the universe & other powers.

I'll be posting my training updates & plan once I have it. I'll be updating blog a lot. I need so much encouragement now more than ever. Triathlete Wannabe, Triathlete Gonnabe.

2 comments:

Beanie said...

You've come such a long way and are going strong. You're getting so close, and are going to be great!:D

RennaissanceAthlete said...

Thanks for the encouragement:):)