Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting stronger!!!

So I've been very consistent with my strength training program. The last time I'd had a consistent routine was July 2007, so it feels good to be back on track. It's a total body program and I strength train 2-3 times a week. For the past 4 weeks it's been going strong.

Yesterday I increased my bench press amount by 5lb and I also started to do wide grip bench presses in order to target my chest. Hopefully this will improve my pushups soon.

I woke up today & my chest hurts like bloody hell. My shoulders hurt, everything hurts today. I was going to go swimming at 5:30 am but instead extended my sleep time to 10:30 am. And I still hurt. I need to do at least some yoga today though. I'm not opposed to rest days at all. The sports masseuse will be back in town in two weeks and I'm definitely getting one of those before my race.

Tommorow is my first open water swim. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: