Tuesday, June 10, 2008

heat wave...discipline...new trisuit!!

Hooray!!! The store replaced my trisuit. It's now proudly hanging in my room:)

This weekend I had a work retreat at this hotel in NJ. Guess who ate well throughout the stay and went to bed early and woke up at 5Am to do an intense exercise session????!!! Me!

I'm stronger than before. My current philosophy is working out smarter not longer or harder. I'm spending probably an hour in the gym lately, then I leave to live the rest of my life. I feel balanced & healthy because I just fit in what I need to do & do it throroughly instead of wasting mediocre hours.

I'd like to register for the Toronto Island Triathlon in August. This is what my workout has looked like this week:
Sunday: strength training
Monday: swimming & spinning
Tuesday: swimming & running

Oh- you wouldn't believe it! Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far. And guess who went to Bikram Yoga class just to add to the misery! Me!!! Crazy or hardcore? Does it matter??? I don't know how many liters of water I drank yesterday. Definitely enough!

If you're a triathlete in training too & you have a blog, leave a comment- would love to tap into more online tri support through reading blogs & such.

1 comment:

Kristin Bradfield said...

Congrats on your first indoor tri. I, too, have been learning to swim for the NYC Tri. Yesterday was my 12th time swimming - ever. It's hard, but rewarding, and it's great to see others also learning new sports to be part of the tri. Can you believe we still have 5 weeks? My blog is thelazymarathoner.blogspot.com. See you in the Hudson!