Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Am I a Sunday Triathlete?

On Sunday I woke up, ran 3 miles on my own without my running partner! I really wanted to run around the whole park, but I didn't have time so I just opted for half the distance...

then

My cycling partners & I rode our bikes from UWS to Chelsea Piers! We rode about 8 miles- wow- I haven't been on a bike for so long before- it was sooo much fun! I'm getting better at navigating traffic. I did something aweful. I tailgated two annoying bikers:( They were taking up the road and biking so slowly...

then

I went swimming. I swam and swam and swam.

ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!! Hence the term- Sunday triathlete!

Things I am doing well with:
-running-my endurance is going well
-Cycling-I am comfortable on a mountain bike:)
-Swimming -I am building up my endurance!

Things that need a lot of work:
-Speed as a runner
-I need to try riding on a road bike and work on my hills
-Swimming-I am not comfortable turning to breathe on my left side. I need to build up even more endurance and learn another stroke- not just crawl/freestyle.
-Eating: I need to stop eating "Better 'n Peanut Butter!" so much and eat it in small quantities only.

No comments: